Cool Kids Yoga
Teaching the littlies with terminology that they could grasp – stretch to the sky and rowing a boat with your leg as a paddle – was tremendously fun, somewhat hilarious and pretty cool. Blowhole belly button and stir a pot of birthday cake were two exercises that made me giggle, I want my yoga to be this fun! (Helen also teaches adults focusing on yoga for athletes.) The yogi games encouraged focusing on breathing, self-awareness & calm. Feeling relaxed, energised and looking suitably cute, GCG wholly recommends!
Helen teaches two ‘Cool Kids Yoga’ classes per week and also teaches in schools. Ages 5-11 www.helenclareyoga.com
What does yoga offer a Little GCG-er?
- Yoga helps to maintain a child’s natural flexibility, which can be lost through sitting at desks and computers.
- Yoga improves posture by strengthening back and abdominal muscles.
- Yoga can improve behaviour by balancing energy levels.
- Breathing exercises and relaxation techniques improve concentration, memory and sleep patterns, by bringing stillness to the mind.
- Yoga releases daily anxieties and stress.
- Yoga increases self-confidence.